- Ph.D., Political Science, University of Michigan, 1981
- M.A., International Relations, Hebrew University, Israel, 1978
- B.A., Political Science and International Relations Hebrew University, Israel, 1976
Zeev Maoz is a distinguished professor of political science at the University of California, Davis, as well as a distinguished fellow at the Interdisciplinary Center, Herzliya, Israel. He is director of the Correlates of War Project and former president of the Peace Science Society (International) (2007-08). Before coming to Davis, he served as head of the Graduate School of Government and Policy at Tel-Aviv University. He held appointments of Head of the Jaffee Center for Strategic Studies (1994-1997), as the academic director of the M.A. program of the National Defense College of the IDF (1990-1994), and as chairman of the Department of Political Science at the University of Haifa (1991-1994). Prof. Maoz received his Ph.D. from the University of Michigan. He also held visiting appointments at Carnegie-Mellon University, New York University, Rice University, and the University of Michigan.
Network analysis of International Politics; Israeli National Security and foreign Policy; International Relations in the Middle East; International Conflict Management and Resolution; and Foreign Policy Decision Making.
- Maoz, Z. (2010) Networks of Nations: The Evolution, Structure and Impact of International Networks, 1816-2001 (New York: Cambridge University Press)
- Maoz, Z. (2006) Defending the Holy Land: A Critical Analysis of Israel’s National Security and Foreign Policy (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press)
- Maoz, Z., & Mor, B. D. (2002) Bound by Struggle: The Strategic Evolution of Enduring International Rivalries (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press)
- Maoz, Z. (1996) Domestic Sources of Global Change (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press)
- Maoz, Z. (1990) Paradoxes of War: On the Art of National Self-Entrapment (Boston: Unwin Hyman)
- Maoz, Z. (1990) National Choices and International Processes (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press)
- Maoz, Z. (1982) Paths to Conflict: International Dispute Initiation, 1816-1996 (Boulder, CO: Westview Press)
POL 135: International Relations of the Middle East; POL 136: The Arab-Israeli Conflict; POL 121: The Scientific Study of War.
POL 279: Political Networks: Methods and Applications; POL 284: Advanced Network Analysis; POL 298: Data Collection and Data Management in Political Science.
- Social Science Research Innovation Award. Division of Social Sciences, UC Davis, 2012
- Karl Deutsch Award for significant contribution to research on International Studies by a Young Scholar, International Studies Association 1989
- International Relations